Monday, February 22, 2010

Daily Workout #4

So, I've been trying, for a long time now, to get up and do an early workout- like a run- in the morning. But it's not easy; no matter how much I tell myself I'm going to finally do it, when my alarm goes off an hour before I absolutely need to get up to go to work, I reset it and go back to sleep.
That was the case this morning. The problem is that I want to get in a 5km run, a swim, and either weights or crossfit, 5 days a week. But if I save that all for after work, it turns out to be too much and whichever portion I do last ends up suffering for it because I've already exhausted myself with everything else.
So, one more time, my goal for tomorrow is to get up at 5:50am and go for a 30 min run before I have to get ready for work...we'll see.
That aside, here is what I did today:

1. 80 pushups and 22 chinups.
2. German Volume Training* (legs), supersetted with Squat (135lbs) and Leg Press (6 plates).
3. Swimming- My wife showed me the proper technique for the breaststroke and front crawl.

* German Volume Training is a kind of weightlifting program where, for one bodypart (legs for instance), you do 10 sets of 10 reps each for one compound exercise with the same weight throughout. The idea is that you use a weight that is relatively easy for the first few sets (50-60% of your 1RM) , but gets progressively harder as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment