Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Daily Workout #1

For the last 8 or so weeks since I found out that I might be going onto the dive course I've changed up my workout routine to try and prepare myself. Usually all I do is lift weights; I'm not in bad shape and I eat well, but I'm not a great runner or swimmer and since the physical portion of the course is largely a series of long runs and long swims, I've had to adjust my training accordingly-and I haven't had much time to do it.
Basically, I've been doing 5km runs 4-5 days a week, 750 meter swims 2-3 times a week at the pool (6 laps done without fins and 24 done with fins- most of the swimming on the course is with fins), and the workout of the day on crossfit.com 4-5 times a week. Also, I start every other workout with my max situps, pushups, and either chinups or pullups.

This was my workout for today:
1) 75 pushups, 41 situps, and 21 Chinups.
2) Weightlifting (shoulders) for 10 sets.
3) Ran 2.4 km on the treadmill in 14:50 (I know that time sucks but I'm working on it).
4) Crossfit WOD:
135# squat clean x 15 reps, 30 toes to bar, 30 box jumps, 15 pullups, 40# dumbbell push press x 30 reps, 30 knees to elbows, 135# thruster x 15 reps, 30 pullups, 30 burpees, and 300 foot lunge with 45# dumbbell overhead (on treadmill) in 49:32.

No comments:

Post a Comment